Innovative material development and long-standing expertise has resulted in durable and efficient roll covers for any coil processing application.
The steel industry’s tough working environment routinely puts roll coverings under very severe stress. Clarke’s innovative material development and long-standing expertise has resulted in a range of durable and efficient steel roll covers for any coil processing application.
Clarke has formulated engineered coverings for steel industry applications such as:
- accumulator rolls,
- bridle rolls,
- squeegee rolls,
- metal coil coating rolls,
- layon rolls
- expander boot
Depending upon the specific application, steel roll cover compounds must withstand:
- abrasion, cuts, and impact from butt seam welds.
- mechanical impact forces and abrasion
- premature cover failure due to the effects of processing oils.
- cover swelling or hardening due to caustic and acidic chemicals
- slippage and metal scratching